The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark The Legal Examiner Mark search twitter facebook feed linkedin instagram google-plus avvo phone envelope checkmark mail-reply spinner error close
Skip to main content

Children’s Hospital in Aurora is rated as the 5th best children’s hospital in the United States, according to results released last week by U.S. News & World Report. The magazine said it surveyed nearly 180 children’s hospitals to obtain the data that made up 75 percent of the rankings. A separate reputational survey of 1,500 pediatric specialists made up the remaining 25 percent.

Children’s has been ranked a top children’s hospital by U.S. News & World Report every year since the inception of its rankings edition in 1993.

The rankings recognized the top 50 children’s hospitals in 10 specialties including cancer, cardiology and heart surgery, diabetes and endocrinology, gastroenterology, neonatology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics, pulmonology and urology. Five of Children’s Hospital specialty areas were among the country’s top 10.

In pediatric categories, Children’s Hospital in Aurora was ranked fourth in pulmonology and diabetes/endocrinology. It was ranked fifth in gastroenterology; ninth in orthopedics; 10th in cancer; 12th in neonatology; 17th in cardiology and heart surgery; 20th in neurology and neurosurgery; 31st in urology and 32nd in nephrology.

The Children’s Hospital is a 314-bed children’s general facility with 12,869 admissions in the most recent reported year, according to the magazine. It performed 4,704 annual inpatient and 13,087 outpatient surgeries.

Comments are closed.

Of Interest