A jury in Philadelphia ruled against McNeil Pharmaceuticals as they awarded $5 million USD to parents whose 1 year-old boy died when he was given Infants’ Tylenol. The parents gave their boy a Children’s Tylenol dose of Infant’s Tylenol, unaware that Infant’s Tylenol has three times the concentration of acetaminophen. The family’s attorney said that McNeil should not only add an additional warning about the potential for death from an overdose of Tylenol but also develop a clearer label informing consumers that Infant’s Tylenol is far stronger than Children’s Tylenol. McNeil Pharmaceuticals are investigating the possibility for further legal recourse as they claim the child died from a virus and not from the Tylenol.
Comments are closed.